Sunday, May 17, 2009

Well hey there...

As I write this, I am sitting in a big, comfy chair beside Homer. My kids are amongst the 30 or so screaming children enjoying the giant indoor playground (a relatively small crowd for such a large place). My kids are getting exercise and having a great time doing so. I'm (finally) able to get on here to do some writing thanks to the WiFi these clever business owners thought to include. Homer is listening to his audio book about String Theory(!) And the coffee is free. Best.family.outing.ever!

Hoo boy I've been busy. Work is always kind of nuts with meetings and things, but I'm on a couple of new and interesting committees that have been taking away from my precious blog time. I'm also working on a renovation project that is at the same time fun and exasperating. I might write more on that sometime later.

My trip to NYC was just perfect. I was with my four oldest and dearest friends. We spent the whole weekend laughing and shopping and touring and eating. We saw a show, toured Central Park, stayed in a great hotel and spent more than we should have on merchandise sold from under a tarp. We're already planning the next trip, probably something less commerce-driven and more relaxation-driven.

Next week we start a new soccer season. Maggie will be playing for the first time. Of course, she's all about the uniform. We don't know yet what colour she'll be, but God help them if they give her something ugly or boyish. Anyway, Lisa's playing Mondays and Wednesdays, Maggie is on Tuesdays and Bart is on Wednesdays (same time, but a different field than Lisa). Meanwhile, the winter activities haven't quite wound down yet, which means we still have other Tuesday night obligations, as well as dance on Saturday mornings. So yeah, busy.

I suppose I should get back to watching my little monkeys (or playing on Pogo, which I also never have time for anymore). I'd hate to let this great family time pass me by...

8 comments:

Chantal said...

Things are busy aren't they. Things are crazy here too. Routines have been uprooted and I am (we are) getting my bearings again. I will doing that AGAIN soon. More to follow...

Nowheymama said...

I'm glad to hear how you're doing! I answered your allergy question on Friday, FYI. :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

A girls trip to NYC sounds like fun! A great idea!

Jess said...

Oh my. Three soccer schedules to coordinate! It sounds nightmarish.

artemisia said...

Goodness, I genuinely don't understand how folks deal with multiple sporting schedules. Gah. Good luck.

It is nice to hear from you!

Fiona Picklebottom said...

I've been neglecting my blog and others' blogs for a good while now; I think there's about 1000 in my reader. I am GRATEFUL that you have also been a blog slacker. :)

I did the same time, different place thing last year (and probably will again this year). I was lucky that there was another family who had the same issue with kids on the same teams as mine, so we traded kids and each went one place. Otherwise, you have to take turns with who will be late.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Happy belated birthday to Bart! Hope he had a fun day!

Bette Creek said...

Oh I can relate to schedule! Haley is in competive soccer this year, practice twice a week and game once a week. I believe three tournaments this summer on the weekends. Then there's Gymnastics and swimming for all three kids once a week, and of course Girls Golf Club for Sydney. I need to fit in there swimming lessons for me too and maybe a few cooking classes at Loblaws, around Scott's ever busy Golf games!