You: So how’s that pledge going, LoriD?
Me: Excellent, thanks.
How about a post of random items?
1. I like almost any fruit, except Mango. Mango makes me gag. Yesterday I packed a yogurt in my lunch thinking it was pineapple, but it was actually mango. Blech. One bite and it was in the garbage.
2. I have been building lots of things around the house. I told you about the bed for Lisa and since then I have built a basic shelf for Lisa, a small wall shelf for Maggie, a Lightsaber rack for Bart, a garbage/recycling unit for the garage, an entire workshop of workbenches and a… unit?... shelf thingy to hold all the components for our TV. I love to build, but I hate to paint/finish the things I build – I don’t really have the patience for it. Still to build: some planter boxes, storage crates for under the girls’ beds, a storage bench for our front hall, and a vanity for the washroom.
3. I have to say that June is my least favourite month. Although I enjoy the weather and the relative downtime at work, the lack of free time in the evenings and on the weekends is really making me cranky. It’s making the kids cranky too. Thankfully, most of the academic year activities are done, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.
4. The kids’ soccer seasons are off to a great start. We have a deal that if any one of them gets a goal in their games, we all go out for ice cream. We have had ice cream every week.
5. Today I’m leaving work early and going home so Homer and I can pack up his car for a trip to… the dump! I could not be more excited by this trip. We have a lot of stuff in our garage that just has to go… so much stuff that to get out the kids’ bikes, we have to move the lawnmower, push aside the baby strollers and step over stacks of old textbooks. And no, there is no room for an actual car in the garage.
Have a great weekend!