Everytime I fold laundry, I have several piles. One for each family member, one for bath towels, one for kitchen towels and one for the clothes that ARE NOT CLEAN! I mean, they are clean, technically, because they have been washed, but they have stains. This pile gets larger and larger and I'm in search of a magic solution. I want to fill up my laundry tub with hot water, add the magic solution and all the stained clothes. I'll let the potion do its thing and then pull out my delightfully clean clothes.
Here is a list of what has not worked (it's possible that these things do work, but I am using them wrong):
- Shout, Spray 'n' wash, Zout - rubbed into stains then thrown in the wash
- Shout Ultra for set-in stains - rubbed into stains, let sit for several days then thrown in the wash
- Oxy Clean Powder used as a pre-soak and as a laundry booster
- Bleach added to the wash (for whites and lights)
- Clorox Bleach for unbleachables added to the wash
- Liquid detergent with non-chlorine bleach
- Pretreat with liquid detergent
- Line dry in the sun
These are not day-glo stains, either. Just regular kids stuff - tomato sauce, chocolate, *washable*-ha! (hello? blue? NOT washable) markers and paint, popsicles, juice.
At soccer the other night I took off Maggie's sundress and let her run around in her (full) diaper when she was offered a popsicle. The other soccer moms did not approve, I could tell, but what was I supposed to do? I knew the dress would never be clean again if I didn't take immediate action.