This is a project that took eight months to complete. It actually only took four days, but the first three were in January and the last one was yesterday.
I had spent a few evenings and a whole weekend back in January painting, hanging the border, sanding and arranging the room. All that was left was to do a few painting touch ups (like getting the dots of "Basketball Orange" off the ceiling), hanging the shelves, mirrors and pictures and removing all the paraphenalia that had been used to do the work (tools, paint trays, etc.) Homer had offered to do these last tasks, as he thought it had taken me too long to finish the bulk of work and was tired of me "disappearing into the room". So, after eight months of it not being done, I did it myself yesterday on a day off from work (but the nanny was still here... bonus!)
Here is the end result, with some cheesy decorating show commentary:
Freecycle. I painted blue and white 'referee' stripes and used a whistle for the pull knob.
Bart loves it... he's a real sports guy. I love it too, even more so now that it's done!