Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just call me Tiger!

I'm entered into a golf tournament tomorrow. I have golfed, but I do not consider myself a golfer, by any means. I have my own (cheapo) clubs and I even have a glove, although I'm not sure why I need it.

I've actually golfed in this tournament several times before. It's hosted by the students union here, so there are a lot of inexperienced golfers, which makes my skills look decent. Every other year I have signed up for the tournament and been put in a foursome with either insurance agents, investment brokers or lawyers... all men who routinely do business on the golf course. It was always a source of stress for me, knowing I was bringing down the team. I also had a hard time consuming all the beer they insisted on buying me on the course (Lori + sun + beer = nauseous).

But this year, I put in my own foursome: Homer, a student that works for me and another female colleague. None of us are golfers, but we all expect to have a great time. For the first time, I'm excited about the tournament.

Do you golf? Any last minute advice?

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Absolutely no golfing advice here, but have fun!

email said...

I've never golfed unless you count mini-golf. My dad was/is a big golfer, and when my brother and I were kids he had a couple of his clubs cut down to our sizes and used to take us to the driving range. That and mini-golf are the extent of my golfing experience. Have fun in the tournament!

Jess said...

I've never golfed, so my advice is to take pictures! I want to see!

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Drink lots of mimosas and wear your glove with pride! And don't crash your cart.

Misty said...

I got nothin'

Other than this:

Have a blast!

Pickles and Dimes said...

I've golfed twice in my entire life. If you're like me, bring plenty of extra balls. Have fun!

Family Adventure said...

I golfed for a couple of seasons...but it just isn't for me. My husband is keen, though. His advice...swing through (whatever that means). My advice...enjoy the social aspect of it!

Heidi