Monday, April 16, 2007

Who... me?


My mom used to describe me with a nursery rhyme:
There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
When she was good, she was very very good
But when she was bad, she was horrid
My mom got her wish: I am blessed with a child that is the same as I was.

The good: she's fiercely independent, adorable, smart, feisty, sweet, kind, helpful, loving. She loves to read, loves her bath and loves to play outside. She likes cool things, like Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Spiderman and banana candy. She sings and dances and does all the actions to her favourite songs. She laughs from her gut and always kisses her hand when she does the sign for "thank you". She does things just to make you laugh.

The bad: she's fast and sneaky; she hits and pulls hair; she screams if she doesn't get her way; she climbs; she tries to make you mad; she throws food; she yanks out her barrettes two seconds after you put them in; she puts things she shouldn't in her mouth, shows you, then runs away before you can get it from her. She is queen of the mess... whether it's food, make-up, art supplies, garbage, diaper contents or any other mess-making substance, give her 2-seconds out of your line of sight and she'll have done her damage.
She is without a doubt, the most exhausting of my three kids at this age. She never stops moving until she slumps into a deep sleep. Then, she's just my sweet little baby girl.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm thinking Adelay will be this child for me. Of course, she is my first, so perhaps this is just the learning curve. She may turn out to be the easiest, looking back, for all I know. But she definitely does have the feisty thing going, for better or for worse.

LoriD said...

For better, for sure. I love the feistiness! Your daughter's name is Adelay? That has to be the best name I've heard in a long time!

Blog said...

I HEEEEEEEAR YOU!!!!! ;) You know I hear you!!! Aren't they the best, though? Nothing like a spirited toddler, even if they drive you insane. Love the picture! She's SOOOOO CUTE!!!! LOVE!!!!