Monday, October 1, 2007

Rating the new shows. Part 2.

Journeyman

Starring: Kevin McKidd, Reed Diamond, Moon Bloodgood
Premise: Journalist suddenly finds himself traveling through time. It’s his past, but he is leaping back to change someone else’s future.
Mini-Review: Good. Really good.
PVR: Will set up to record the series.
Final words: I enjoyed this so much. I was a huge Quantum Leap fan and of the time travel genre in general. I like that when he enters the past, he’s the same guy – his friends comment that he “looks tired”, as he has aged several years.


Big Shots

Starring: Dylan McDermott, Joshua Malina, Christopher Titus, Michael Vartan
Premise: Group of 4 friends who are high-powered, rich CEO’s. In business, no one can beat them. In real life, they’re as dysfunctional as the rest of us.
Mini-Review: Not bad.
PVR: Will record the next few shows.
Final words: It’s kind of like Desperate Housewives for men. I’m done with DHW, so we’ll have to see if the drama in this series gets too carried away. In the meantime, the eye candy is delicious.


Dexter (not a new show, but new season started last night)

Starring: Michael C. Hall
Premise: A serial killer uses his dark side to rid the world of evil people that won’t be missed.
Mini-Review: BEST SHOW ON TV!
PVR: Will record every show forever. Will write letters to Showtime if cancelled.
Final words: You know it’s good writing when you are rooting for the serial killer. Don’t get caught, Dexter. We love you! Every character is damaged and complex. Season 2 premier did not disappoint. If you’re not watching this, you should be.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Up this week:
Pushing Daisies - Wednesday
Bionic Woman (premiered last week, missed it) – Wednesday
Cane – still haven’t got around to watching the pilot
Reaper – has come highly recommended, so will give it a go on Tuesday

7 comments:

Beck said...

I wish I could watch Dexter. I LOOOOVE the books.

Tess said...

I didn't even record Big Shots, but my sister raved about it, so maybe I'll try it this week.

I, too, loved Journeyman. I love the storyline about his former/current wives. It's realistic and heartbreaking in that you can tell he loves them both/wants to do the right thing. PLUS THAT DUDE IS WICKED HOT.

email said...

Just, I mean this exact moment, finished watching Journeyman. Loved it. My DVR is set to record every episode. I don't have Showtime, but Dexter sounds great. I'm going to check Netflix for DVDs of the previous season. I don't know why, but I have no interest whatsoever in Big Shots.

email said...

Oh, and Dexter is books? What books?

Tess said...

ALSO, since you don't have an email address listed (I don't think?), I must use your comments as a forum to place my growing order of things for you to post about:

1) Dip recipes
2) Health kick information
3) Updates on which shows you "keep"

LoriD said...

Beck- I just heard about the books. I will check them out. Of course, I have little time to read with all the TV watching.

Tessie - dude IS wicked hot. Also, noted on the post requests. I had planned a recipe blog, but failed to write down the recipes.

JMC - I know one of the books is DEXTER IN THE DARK, but there may be one or two more.

Banana said...

I hate that I don't have Showtime and HBO. I have to wait a whole year to watch what all the cool kids are watching now. whaaa.